HELP: Terms and Conditions
CigarAuctioneer Assurance of Quality
All cigars auctioned on CigarAuctioneer are sold as new and in excellent condition, sealed by the manufacturer. All cigar products are stored in a controlled environment under optimum humidity and temperature conditions until shipped. We recommend storing and protecting your cigar purchases in a humidified environment upon receipt of products.
CigarAuctioneer cannot be held responsible for cigars that are not treated properly by winning bidders. Please contact CigarAuctioneer.com if you have any questions about the proper care of fine cigars. All merchandise is new, unless otherwise stated.
If you have any questions regarding the use of this site, please check with CigarAuctioneer.com prior to placing a bid. CigarAuctioneer.com disclaims all other warranties or conditions, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
Return Policy Guidelines
Due to the unpredictable nature of the auction marketplace, where the selling price of a given item is indeterminate, CigarAuctioneer.com cannot offer the same iron-clad return policy we apply to merchandise sold on Famous-Smoke.com or the Famous Smoke Shop catalog. Therefore, in an effort to address the return of merchandise purchased on CigarAuctioneer.com in a fair and reasonable manner, we have set-up the following auction return policy guidelines:
- Your bid is a binding, legal CONTRACT to buy merchandise at the price you entered at the time of the auction. If you have made an error during the bidding process, CigarAuctioneer Customer Service MUST BE CONTACTED IMMEDIATELY by calling 1-800-656-1911 or by sending an email to [email protected]
- We GUARANTEE all merchandise purchased on CigarAuctioneer.com to be virtually free of defects and in fresh, smoke-able condition. Merchandise may be returned based on one or more
of the following conditions:
- Defective Merchandise (cigars that are cracked, dried-out, plugged or other physical defects that prevent the cigar from smoking properly)
- Wrong item shipped due to our error
- Merchandise damaged in transit
- Cigars CAN NOT be returned simply because the cigars do not meet your expectations with regard to taste, wrapper color, size or other aesthetic reason. However, if the product does not meet your expectations due to no fault of the product itself (see Defective Merchandise above), it may be returned, but a 10% re-stocking fee will be applied. Additionally, cigars will be credited on a pro-rated basis. For example, if you purchased a box of 25 cigars and you smoked 2 of them, credit only will be issued for 23 cigars. Since auction bids are considered a binding contract, if you are returning an order your package must be returned at your own expense in the same condition as the package was received. Return postage costs and original shipping costs will not be refunded.
- Any questions concerning the suitability of the merchandise for any reason or purpose, MUST be confirmed by the bidder BEFORE a bid is made. If you have any questions regarding any aspect of the merchandise prior to placing your bid, please contact Customer Service by calling 1-800-656-1911 (option #3) or by sending an email to [email protected]
- All other sales on CigarAuctioneer are FINAL!
In these circumstances, please call customer service at 1-800-656-1911 to obtain your RMA#. Our returns department will notify you via email once your return has been issued and processed.
CigarAuctioneer reserves the right to either issue credit or replace the returned merchandise at our discretion.
If you would like to return merchandise, the merchandise must have been purchased within the last 30 days AND you must obtain a RMA# (Return Merchandise Authorization) from CigarAuctioneer.
You may do so in one of following ways:
- You may email us at [email protected].
In your e-mail, You MUST include your order number, the item you are returning, and the reason you are returning the merchandise.
- You may call CigarAuctioneer at 1-800-656-1911 and speak to a Customer Service Representative.
NOTICE: No returns will be accepted without prior authorization.
Once you have obtained an RMA#, please follow these simple guidelines to return your cigars:
IMPORTANT: Please DO NOT return any cut or partially smoked cigars. Cigars believed to be unsmokable or defective must still be in a condition to be sent back to the manufacturer. If returns are received in less than adequate condition, our Returns Department reserves the right to refuse the package and deny your credit.
- Please pack the cigars securely in a clean, odor-free carton suitable for shipping.
- Enclose your original invoice in the carton, if possible.
- Prominently display the RMA#, on the OUTSIDE of the package.
- Mail the package back using US Postal Service.
Return packages should be addressed to:
Famous Smoke Shop-PA, Inc.
90 Mort Drive
Easton, PA 18040
Attention: Returns, RMA# _____
All items are offered on a limited time basis, while supplies last. CigarAuctioneer.com cannot guarantee continued availability, nor be responsible for a replacement item if an item is unexpectedly out of stock, defective or is missing contents. Moreover, CigarAuctioneer cannot replace or exchange merchandise that is out of stock, defective or missing contents. No inventory has been set aside to accommodate replacement or exchanges on auction items. However, we may do so if supplies permit.
Credit Card Declined / Bad Credit
If your credit card is declined, CigarAuctioneer will notify you by phone or email within 24 hours of your order. As a courtesy, orders may be held up to one week, however there may be times when a declined order is immediately canceled and given to the next bidder.
You may contact CigarAuctioneer customer service to resolve your problem by:
- Calling customer service at 1-800-656-1911, during normal business hours
- Contact Customer Service by email at: [email protected]
- Reply to the "declined credit card notice" email
NOTE: Cancelled orders cannot be reinstated. Multiple and/or periodic occurrences of this situation may result in account termination at CigarAuctioneer.
Items sold by Famous Smoke Shop and Cigar Monster that are shipped to locations in the United States (including territories) may be subject to state and local sales taxes. States with a General Excise Tax will show up at checkout as a sales tax.
How Sales Tax is Calculated
The amount of tax charged on your order depends on many factors including the following:
1.The type of item or service purchased
2. The shipment or delivery address of your order
These factors can change between the time you place an order and when your shipment is complete. As a result, the tax calculated on your order may change. We provide an "Estimated Tax" cost, displayed at Check Out, when confirming an order; the amount(s) displayed as estimated tax may then be updated later when your order is finalized and completed.
The tax rate applied to your order will be the combined state and local rates of the address to where your order is delivered. For example: if you live in a state that does not impose a sales tax, you may still see tax calculated on your order if your order is shipped to another state (e.g., a 3rd party recipient's address). Additionally, the tax rates applied to your order may also be different for a variety of reasons, such as a shipment to a residential home versus a business address.
Note: No tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.
Items sold by Famous Smoke Shop (and/or other online properties owned by Famous Smoke Shop-PA) that are shipped to destinations in the following states and US territories may be subject to tax:
Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Washington, Washington DC, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Auction Cancellation Policy
CigarAuctioneer.com reserves the right to cancel an auction or issue a Return Merchandise Authorization for merchandise that is posted in error, does not confirm to specifications, or was shipped in error.
Order Cancellation Policy
When placing bids on CigarAuctioneer.com, each bid is considered to be a binding contract. Once you have verified and submitted your bid, you will be expected to honor it under most circumstances. Please do not bid unless you intend to buy the item(s) at the amount you entered.
If you have any questions about a particular auction, or about how the process works, please contact Customer Service BEFORE submitting a bid at 1-800-656-1911), or [email protected]. We will gladly answer your questions before a transaction is made.
If for some reason you need to cancel your auction order once you have won, please contact Customer Service before the shipment date. Please note, all cancellations will be subject to a 10% restocking fee.
It is a violation of the law to make bids under a false name or with an invalid credit card. If you intentionally place false bids on CigarAuctioneer, you put yourself at substantial personal legal risk and may be subject to criminal charges. Fraudulent bidders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Similarly, attempting to participate using a false name will also subject you to personal legal risk.
Your Web browser transmits a unique address to us, which can be used by law enforcement officials to identify you. Both the FBI and the US Secret Service are responsible for investigating all Internet fraud cases.
Any user who attempts to "cheat" the bidding system by altering or tampering with the course of normal bidding, or by editing bids for the purpose of altering bids or prices in a manner in which it was not intended, may have their bids canceled and their account immediately suspended at the sole discretion of CigarAuctioneer, criminal charges notwithstanding.
CigarAuctioneer.com reserves the right to change posted quantities, remove from sale or re-offer items that were previously withdrawn. We also reserve the right to close auctions early or to extend auctions at any time and at our discretion. Posted closing times and displays of CigarAuctioneer's current time are approximate and based on Eastern Time.
Lot Descriptions and Images
CigarAuctioneer.com makes every effort to ensure that product descriptions and images are accurate. However, CigarAuctioneer.com is not responsible for typographic or image display errors. Images displayed for each lot are indicative of the product at auction. Size, shape, color, and quantity may differ.
CigarAuctioneer.com makes every effort to maintain 100% system availability, except during scheduled maintenance periods, which are posted on the site. Should we experience technical difficulties, we are not responsible for bids that are not processed or accepted.
CigarAuctioneer keeps track of all unsuccessful bids. If a problem occurs with a winning bid in an open auction, CigarAuctioneer.com may reinstate your currently unsuccessful bid to winning status at your last bid price.
If your shipping address is outside the U.S., please contact our Customer Service Department at (US country code here)-610-559-7000 (Ext. 112) or email us at [email protected] and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.
Please review the following information regarding international shipments:
- International orders, shipping to Canada, will be delivered via UPS. All other international orders will ship via the U.S. Postal Service.
- International orders MUST be prepaid and the only accepted forms of payment is credit card or money order.
- Shipping costs are based on value and weight.
- All duties are the responsibility of the customer.
Changing the Consolidation Date on Auction Orders
The consolidation date can NOT be changed after you have won an item in an auction.
Example: If you have a consolidation date of Monday and you are watching or going to bid on an auction that will close on Tuesday, you either need to change your consolidation day prior to winning the first auction or contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-656-1911, or email customer service at [email protected]. This is the only way to change the consolidation day.
CigarAuctioneer.com items vs. Famous-Smoke.com items
Please remember that you are participating in an auction for a specific item (or items) as-is. Free premiums, such as 5-packs, accessories, shipping, etc., that may be offered with the exact same item sold at Famous-Smoke.com, DO NOT APPLY to CigarAuctioneer.com items - even if your winning bid was equal to or greater than the regular Famous-Smoke.com price.
If the item you're bidding on at CigarAuctioneer.com would include a free premium if purchased at Famous-Smoke.com, and you feel that ordering the same item from Famous-Smoke.com would be to your advantage, rather than continue bidding, we encourage you to purchase the item directly from Famous-Smoke.com.
Changing Credit Card or Shipping Addresses on Auction Orders
The credit card you want to use for the auction & the shipping address, you want the winning auction order to ship to MUST be correct prior to winning the item.
If you change either of these after winning an auction or in the time prior to your release date the change will not take effect. You must call our customer service department at 1-800-656-1911 for a Customer Service representative, or email customer service at [email protected] prior to your orders release date.
Future Auction Availablity
Auctions are scheduled based on real-time inventory and, as such, are subject to availability. Most future auctions will run as scheduled. However, occasionally an item listed as a Future Auction will sell out after being listed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.