HELP: Shipping Method
Naturally, with a fine perishable item like a premium cigar, the faster it can be shipped from our climate-controlled humidor to yours, the better. This is why we have chosen UPS as our designated carrier. Delivery schedules are based on business days. In other words, unless special shipping instructions have been arranged, pickups and/or deliveries will not be made on weekends or holidays.
What about Butane?
Due to a federal mandate, we are not permitted to ship products, containing butane, with an "Air" delivery service. Therefore, if you choose to purchase a lighter your ENTIRE order will ship UPS Ground.
- UPS Ground - Please check the delivery map for standard delivery times.
- UPS 2nd Day Air - delivery on the second business day
- UPS Next Day Air (AM or PM) - delivery on the next business day
- Economy - Delivery timeframe is not guaranteed and can take a minimum of 5-8 business days.
- US Postal Service (USPS) - Please Allow at least 5-8 Business Days for Delivery (Transit times are typically less but these are not guaranteed)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please allow 5 - 8 business days for US Postal Service delivery.
ECONOMY Service is NOT available for Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you live in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico, you are defaulted to the "Standard" shipping. However, UPS 2-Day and Next Day Air service is available.
The rural areas (as determined by UPS), of both states, will incur an additional $10 shipping charge and may even delay shipping time. Depending upon the zip code, you enter on your order form, the rate will be adjusted, accordingly.
To place an international order, please contact our Customer Service Department at (US country code here)-610-559-7000 (Ext. 112) or email us at [email protected] and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.
Please review the following information regarding international orders:
- International orders shipping to Canada will be delivered via UPS. All other international orders will ship via the US Postal Service.
- International orders MUST be prepaid and the only accepted forms of payment is credit card or money order.
- Shipping costs are based on value and weight
- All duties are the responsibility of the customer
- UPS services to Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico2
- Humidors are priced by weight and ship via UPS Ground please call Customer Service with questions (800) 672 5544 Option 2:
Humidor Shipping Rates (UPS Ground):
- 0.00 - 9.99 LBS ship for $14.99
- 10.00 - 19.99 LBS ship for $19.99
- 20.00+ LBS ship for $24.99
(With the exception of Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico 2-Day and Next-Day Service, you will NOT incur any additional shipping charges for ordering more than one item).
To arrange a Next Day Saturday delivery, please call 1-800-564-2486 to place your order with a sales representative.
For all other items, please refer to the rate chart, below.
1 Economy Service is a lower-cost shipping option that combines the convenience of UPS shipping with USPS final delivery to your mailbox. Economy Service is eligible for packages addressed to ONLY the Continental United States. PO Boxes are also eligible as long as they are in the Continental US. Some exclusions apply, as noted throughout the website and during the checkout process.
Please Note: Economy Service transit times can take several days longer than standard UPS Ground Shipping. Please allow 5-8 Business days of transit time for this shipping method.
2 Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico 2 Day and Next Day Service will incur an additional fee of $4.99 for each item, after the first item, in your order.
3 Please allow 3 - 5 business days for Priority Mail delivery (some restrictions may apply).
Consolidating Auction Purchases
If you have purchased cigars on a winning bid from CigarAuctioneer.com, now you can consolidate all your orders into one neat & tidy delivery. This option was designed to save you time and money on shipping charges by enabling you to consolidate all your winning auctions into one weekly shipment.
Because we feel this practice will be a big benefit and convenience to you, the flag in your account information will be set to "combine my auction orders" and will ship on Wednesday by default. If you choose not to use this option, you may change it by removing the check mark from the "combine my auction orders" box. Doing so will reset your order status to release auction orders individually. In other words, EVERY auction (including auctions that close on the same day), will be treated as a separate order and each auction order will incur a separate shipping charge.
If you disable "combine my auction orders" to the individual orders setting, all past, unreleased auction orders will be shipped together on the following Wednesday. However, all future orders will be shipped individually. For example, if you are set to "combine my auction orders" and you change your order status on a Saturday to individual orders, any orders already "in the queue" (orders completed prior to Saturday) will ship on the following Wednesday. All orders completed from that Saturday on will ship out individually. Whenever your order status is changed, only FUTURE winning auctions will be affected by that change.
NOTE: Consolidation of orders applies to auction orders placed on CigarAuctioneer.com ONLY! Orders placed on Famous-Smoke.com CANNOT be combined with auction orders.
- Regular orders and auction orders (for example: Famous Smoke Shop orders and CigarAuctioneer.com orders) CANNOT be combined into one shipment.
- For the convenience of our Cigar Auctioneer customers, auction orders can be consolidated on a weekly basis. Please note that auction orders cannot be further consolidated.
Famous Smoke Shop requires a "shipping" address, which is not necessarily the same as the "billing" address. Upon registration, the shipping address is automatically defaulted to the billing address. You may add a separate shipping address thereafter. When a billing address is updated, its corresponding shipping address will be automatically updated as well. All other shipping addresses and preferences will remain unchanged.
IMPORTANT: In order to protect ourselves and our customers from fraud, ALL FIRST ORDERS must be shipped to the billing address corresponding with the payment method used. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO THIS POLICY.