How to Place a Bid
In order to maximize your enjoyment of CigarAuctioneer.com and your chance of winning, here's a quick overview of how bidding works. Remember, in order to bid, you must be registered with CigarAuctioneer.com or Famous-Smoke.com. For an explanation of our simple and free registration, see How to Register.
- Browse CigarAuctioneer.com until you find an item that interests you. Be sure to read the item description carefully. Links are also provided for additional details about the item.
- When you are ready to bid, click the "Bid Now" button and place your bid by entering the amount of your bid (the amount you are willing to pay for the product) in the text field. A default value will already be showing in the text field. This is the minimum bid necessary to win at least one quantity of the lot. CigarAuctioneer.com is designed to reject bids submitted below the default bid value.
- If applicable, enter the quantity you would like to bid on. The quantity field will not appear if there is only a single quantity in the lot, or if each bidder is limited to winning a single unit. VERY IMPORTANT: Note that your total bid is your bid price times the quantity you entered. So, if you bid $10.00 on a quantity of 5 items and won all 5 items, your total sale would be $50.00.
- Click the "Submit Bid"button. Congratulations! You've just placed your bid. But is your bid the winning bid? To find out, make sure you check back often to see if you have been outbid. (It will help if you bookmark the page) If you are outbid by someone else, you will be notified by email. You may raise your bid, at any time, and continue to bid as often as you like. Remember, there is no charge to place a bid. At the close of each auction, the winner/s, are notified by email.
- You also have the option to automate your bids. CigarAuctioneer.com has an "Auto-Bid" feature that instructs the system to update your bids automatically. It's not only a great time-saver, it also helps increase your chances of winning. For more information on how "Auto-Bid" works, see the Auto-Bid Feature section.
- If you have already bid on a lot and would like to update your bid by increasing the bid price or the quantity, you may do so as long as it complies with the conditions cited in the Rules for Winning Bid Determination section.
Note that in the case of packs and samplers, a bid constitutes a bid for the amount of cigars in the package. For example, if you bid on a 5 pack sampler and won a quantity of "1," that means you will receive 5 cigars; a quantity of "2" would denote 10 cigars; a quantity of "3," 15 cigars, etc.
Be sure to read each product description carefully.
In some cases, the image shown for a particular lot, may not be a complete representation of the item. Size, shape, color, and quantity may vary.
Rules for Winning Bid Determination
- An earlier bid will beat a later bid of the same price.
- Each lot has a designated auction closing date and time. However, if there is active bidding within the last 2 minutes of an auction, the auction will remain open for an additional 5 minutes
beyond the originally scheduled closing time.
NOTE: The auction closing time will be extended by 5 minutes only ONCE!
- Winning bidders are charged the amount of their final winning bid, multiplied by the number of units won, plus shipping charges. For more details about shipping charges and options, see the Shipping section.
Why does Famous Smoke Shop verify my age?
Famous Smoke Shop products are intended only for adult consumers, and are committed to ensuring trust in every sale; therefore, we do not sell our products to anyone under the age of 21. To substantiate your identity and confirm that you’re aged 21 or older, we utilize a non-affiliated, third party company called Veratad Technologies, LLC.
How does Veratad Technologies’ Age Verification process work?
Veratad’s age verification service is called AgeMatch. AgeMatch compares billions of public records from multiple trusted data sources; and based on personal information you’ve submitted, uses these references to verify and validate your age. By accessing these public records, Veratad can validate the information you’ve provided - and when necessary, present you with a series of multiple choice personal questions based on what are called “out of wallet” historical facts to ensure your identity. These are non-credit related pieces of information about you that would typically not be found in your wallet if it was lost or stolen; instead, they’re obtained almost instantly by scanning billions of public records from trusted data sources containing information relevant to you.
Is the information I provide to Famous Smoke Shop & Veratad secure?
Yes. The AgeMatch service is designed specifically to validate and protect your identity, while processing your online transaction with the highest level of consumer privacy. Veratad ensures safe delivery of the information you provide online in three ways: first, AgeMatch uses secure, 256-bit encryption to protect your data; second, Veratad does not store your sensitive personal information. Lastly, Veratad does not share or sell any data with other third parties. These steps are taken to ensure your sensitive personal information is safe from being accessed by unauthorized parties.
Why does Famous ask for the last 4 digits of my SSN #?
Famous Smoke Shop and Veratad use the last 4 digits of your Social Security number (SSN) to assist in the verification process. This information is not stored, and is used only for these verification purposes.
What happens if I cannot be verified by the AgeMatch process?
If Veratad can’t verify your age and/or identity, it’s likely because there’s a limited amount of publicly available information in the age verification databases. We expect that this would only affect a very small number of Famous Smoke Shop customers, and apologize in advance for any delays this may cause you. If you’re one of these customers, we’ll simply try to call and email you to verify your age. This process generally requires producing a copy of your driver’s license, or another form of government-issued ID, to verify your date of birth.
I live outside of the U.S. Can I still be age-verified?
Famous Smoke Shop’s use of Veratad AgeMatch age verification is based exclusively on U.S. records; unless you are living in the United States, or are using a U.S. military address (for those living outside of the country), Famous and Veratad are unable to verify your age. Residents and individuals living in all other countries will instead be require to complete the manual review and verification process described above.
How do I contact you regarding my verification?
You can easily reach us via phone at 800-278-9732, or email us at [email protected].